Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Rudai Eleven : Reflective Practice




"Contemplate all this work of time"

Halfway there now..(almost)

Well since the last reflection I've learned about video, live streaming, curation tools and podcasting. I've created a podcast and looked at loads of others, I've made a video and looked at lots of others and watched a live stream from the Rudai23 team. In other words I've been busy. 

These last four things have been more challenging and require much more concentration than previously. I really enjoyed listening to podcasts from those doing the course that I could find, everyone was different. All the varied opinions on them was brilliant for some they have no use for others they belong in the past. I thought this was really interesting and showed how quickly technology and software is changing and the life cycle is really getting shorter and shorter. 

Of all the things the newest for me was the curation tools I had zero experience with them. I don't know how much I'll use them but it was interesting to learn about them. Pintrest is incredibly visual but lacks or can lack context. In saying that it gives a fantastic ways of displaying what libraries do and can do rather than offering drab lists.

I watched the live stream of the hangout-on-air on the Youtube channel the Rudai23 team has created. I didn't want to take part this time as I was nervous but also I didn't have the right equipment a headset and reliable broadband is a must. This was a great half hour and it went really fast. It was nice to see people in the flesh who I had only communicated though comments on their blog or maybe a quick twitter chat. 

There was an accompanying twitter chat which allowed those of us not on the live broadcast to get involved. It kind of reminded me of those serious political debates on the Vincent Browne programme on TV though Stephanie was a lot more friendly! 

I feel Twitter for hangouts on air is almost as important as the broadcast as the two go hand in hand. People are able to still feel engaged in the chat being conducted as the chairperson was able to read out questions or points raised by the audience. 

I don't know if I'll ever create podcasts and video as part of career but I'm glad I know how. The one thing I will do however is start following podcasts from now on. People on the course have recommended some interesting ones. 

I still not sure about blogs either. I look at what others have written and they're nicely worded and well put together and raise interesting points. Then I look at my own ramblings and want to hit delete! 

anyway onward and upward only another twelve to go :)

the image is from getty images. It was free to embed for non-profit websites
the quote is from Tennyson I don't know what poem though it one that was in my head for years.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment