Sunday, August 16, 2015

Rudai nine : Video

Face for Radio 






I was dreading this task. I assumed when I saw the title that it would involve creating videos of ourselves and as I don't have a face for TV I really didn't want to do it. So I was pleasantly surprised that it involved creating a tutorial video. 

My use of youtube is limited to looking at old music videos and cartoons from my childhood or movie trailers for upcoming films. The editing options are very simple to use and I can see the benefits for oral history projects. 

My voice now however is slightly hoarse after this task as I was shouting at the computer for the last few minutes while I recorded my screen cast. The microphone in modern PC's are not the best for picking up my voice. The upload to youtube went fine but the results when I tried to add subtitles were hilarious but I would have to write out everything I said as the software got my accent very wrong. Next time I will script the lesson.


Screen cast is a great way creating tutorials its almost like being in a classroom. This a great free software that could be used in libraries for showing people how to use the resources such as searching the catalogue.





No comments:

Post a Comment