Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Rudaí one : Blogging

An Introduction

Hello my name is Emmet. I have worked in library or in the information field for some time and my experience till recently was limited to writing one post for New Professionals Day and reading libfocus. 

I have always been uncomfortable writing and blogs reminded me of diaries or those learning journals I did for some modules during my grad dip which I found difficult to compose and it took me ages to write, so the opening line of staring at a blank screen struck a cord with me. 

After looking at both Blogger and Wordpress I can agree that Wordpress is fancier and does seem the prettier of the two but it can be a bit tricky to use especially when copying and pasting from MS word. I chose blogger for this course as its being run on the same platform and seems a bit easier for the beginner, however I did have trouble getting my strawberries up as a background! 

Really looking forward to learning, chatting and interacting lots over the next few months :)



No comments:

Post a Comment